K2xL.com

Discuss life, the internet, games, and everything in between.
It is currently May 22nd, 2017, 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well, I'm back again.
PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 9:36 pm 

I can't even keep track of how many years it's been since I was last here. I don't know how many people here still remember me, but those who don't probably won't be too excited about reading further.

To start, I want to apologize. I had kind of a "power role" in the community right before I jumped ship, with no goodbye or any sort of explanation or warning. It's absolutely not something I would ever do now, and even though it may or may not be a big deal, it was kind of immature, especially considering how much time and passion I've invested in this community. I do remember that the reason I left was because I was fed up with the site constantly losing data and needing to work hard to make up for it each time it happened.

What I did take away from K2xl in my younger years was unique and fantastic. Even though I was a very awkward and naive teenager with lots of cringe-y moments, I loved the community and the friends I made here. It was a small, intimate community of people who appreciated critical thinking and constructive discussion. Coming back here fills me with nostalgia in a way that no other community could. In the short time that I contributed work to Psychopath 2, it ignited a passion in me for game design, and provided me with the foundation of design principles.

I came back after finding "Mental Block" on the Google Play store. It was so obviously a tribute/port to Psychopath, but with a fantastic polished quality and attention to detail that could only come from this community. I couldn't resist dropping in to at least say hi. Hopefully, I'll stick around for a little while to catch up with anyone that I recognize, and we'll see how it goes from there.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 9:52 pm 

stargroup100 wrote:
I came back after finding "Mental Block" on the Google Play store. It was so obviously a tribute/port to Psychopath, but with a fantastic polished quality and attention to detail that could only come from this community.

Haha, good jokes. You didn't even consider the possibility of that game coming from this community until I looked it up and told you. :P

stargroup100 wrote:
sigh, I wish I could have the motivation to return to this game.

unfortunately I lost interest ever since the site crashed last time

sorry guys, won't be seeing a level from me

K2XL forever!

Also it's not like you never said anything to anyone. I don't think anyone would resent you for that...

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 6:23 am 
Site Admin

Nice hearing from you guys again. Hope all is well.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 9:32 am 

Hey! Hello! Nice to hear from you again. Will check on that "Mental Block" you tell about. Cheers. Tilu (ex Lull, maybe you remember...). :)